An in-depth introduction to CAT’s latest Zero Carbon Britain research, offering a robust, evidence-based scenario that explores ways we can deliver a climate positive future, whilst also maintaining a modern lifestyle. The course also covers how Zero Carbon Britain can be successfully used as a powerful tool for groups and individuals to inspire positive action, stimulate debate and build consensus in their communities and places of work. The course is aimed at Local Green Groups, Transition Towns, FOE groups, CAT members, activists, etc.
Participants will leave with:
- An overview of the key environmental challenges
- Long term perspective on relationship between human beings and energy
- Detailed introduction to the ZCB scenario and how it meets climate challenges
- Detailed session on energy modelling and land-use/diets
- How ZCB can offer an national perspective to local action
- Suggestions on how ZCB has been used as a tool for local groups
- Training on how to use/present ZCB
- Exploration of zero carbon scenarios from other parts of the globe
Course starts at 9am Thursday 8th September and ends at 4pm on Friday 9th September 2016.
Standard £100, Concessions or Low Waged £70.
On Site Accommodation
Twin ensuite shared room £35/night/person
Single occupancy £55/night/person
2 course Lunch/Dinner £10
Small is Beautiful Festival
Why not stay on after the course for the fabulous Small is Beautiful Festival at CAT on Saturday 10th September? The event explores positive responses to our future through low carbon technology, social justice and the arts.
Click here for more details.
We’re offering the ZCB course fee and Festival ticket at a discounted price:
Full waged £120 (£15 off)
Low waged/concession £90 (£15 off)